- DraftSimple (“us”, “we”, “our” and all similar) accept instructions (via email, telephone and via our website, www.draftsimple.co.uk) to draft an advice on quantum.
- The provision of the service mentioned in paragraph 1 shall be fixed at £50 for a draft advice on quantum based on a single medical report. The fee shall increase by £25 for each additional medical report on which the advice on quantum is based.
- “Your firm” (“you”) are/ act on behalf of, a solicitor’s firm conducting litigation throughout England and Wales.
- “Your firm” shall have the meaning of the firm at which the individual instructing DraftSimple is employed and acts on behalf of.
- You may instruct us to draft an advice on quantum in accordance with the preceding paragraphs and by send such instruction accept that you are authorised to act on behalf of the firm at which you work for this purpose.
- Our contact details for the purpose of this agreement are:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01618833746
- When instructing us, you shall use reasonable endeavours to provide:
- The medical report(s) upon which the draft advice on quantum is to be based; and
- Your details in order that we may provide the complete advice within the guaranteed timeframe of two working days.
- When instructing DraftSimple, you shall receive a confirmation email from us within 1 working day confirming receipt of instructions to draft and advice on quantum.
- All instructions shall be sent by email, post or via our website. We may raise queries based upon the instructions/documents provided in order to complete the instruction to draft an advice on quantum.
- We will carry out our obligations under this agreement with reasonable care and skill and in accordance with all statutory and regulatory requirements and procedural rules.
- Any invoice for fees due shall be generated by DraftSimple Ltd. The invoice will be sent by email to the file handler with the relevant identifying information at the same time as sending the completed draft advice on quantum.
- Agreed fees will be due on, and only on, your receipt of funds from the paying party in the matter at hand.
- In the case of disagreement, then the remedies available shall include referral to an independent costs lawyer, agreed by the parties. The decision of the costs lawyer will be binding on both parties.
- All payments shall by made by BACS to the parties bank account as from time to time notified to each other (payment details shall be included with every invoice sent by DraftSimple).
- In the event that no fee is recovered from the paying party following assessment, or in the event that the paying party refuses in writing to pay any fee, the above fee arrangement is applicable.
- We acknowledge that for the duration of this agreement we will have access to confidential information. We therefore agree to accept the restrictions as set out in this clause:
- We shall not use or disclose to any third party any confidential information;
- We shall not use the same standard of care in dealing with confidential information as if it were its own and in any event with no less than a reasonable standard of care;
- We will inform you immediately if this clause is breached and give you all reasonable assistance in connection with any resultant proceedings;
- We will only use confidential information for the purpose of drafting an advice on quantum;
- We shall not make any press announcement relating to this agreement or publicise this agreement in any way;
- The restrictions in this clause shall not apply to information which;
- Comes into the public domain otherwise than through our unauthorised disclosure;
- The disclosure of which is required by law.
- We agree to all relevant legal provisions in relation to data protection for the purposes of this agreement (that is, the Data Protection Act 1998).
- For the avoidance of doubt, the fee due for drafting an advice on quantum due under this agreement shall be £50 where based on a single medical report. An additional £25 will be added to the fee for each additional medical report on which the advice is to be based.
- This fee may be amended from time to time by us. All changes in fees due will be notified to you via email prior to any further instruction.